- INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR SITE. Information you provide to us when you use the Site, we or our service providers may collect Personal Information (information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally) such as your name and e-mail address. We may also collect Personal Information submitted to us in connection with job applications through the Site.Information Collected Automatically Usage Information. Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, AMD Central, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor’s interests.Device Identifiers. AMD Central may also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology, or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Site, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify, and gather broad demographic or firmagraphic information for aggregate use.
Cookies; Pixel Tags. The technologies used on the Site to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, may include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Site and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Site (such as allowing us to select which content, ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic or firmagraphic information). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
Similarly, we use Google Analytics to help us track and analyze usage of our Site, using cookies, pixels, and other tracking technologies.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Site may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so note that our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SITE. Any information you submit on the Site will be used for a variety of business purposes, including for example, to: respond to your questions and requests; provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Site; verify your identity; communicate with you about your activities on the Site; tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; market research, Site analytics and operations; improve the Site and for internal purposes; contact you with regard to your use of the Site, and, in our discretion, changes to any AMD Central policy; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
- YOUR CHOICE AND ACCESS. You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails, or other communications by: sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it. If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your Personal Information collected through the Site, you may contact us at the above address or e-mail. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION. We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
- OTHER SITES. The Site may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, advertisers, sponsors, and partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. We do not control, recommend, or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other web sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Sites (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING. The Site is hosted in The Netherlands and operated in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that the Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Site is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.